Pages

Welcome to my running blog. I am currently training to run two marathons in April 2011 - Paris and London - to help celebrate my 30th Birthday. I often get asked about my training methods so thought would write a blog so you can see what it takes -also it provides me with a momento of the last few months of my twenties! In addition to the personal challenge I will be raising money for charity - please see my fundraising page for more details: www.justgiving.com/mikes-30th-marathon-run/



Friday 4 February 2011

Week 5: Running on bubbles


A hard day at work on Monday followed by a glass of fizz and a beer probably not the best way to prepare for a long run. Still off I trotted to the river a little light in the head. Almost as soon as I hit the embankment another runner came up alongside me and edged past. Obviously having none of this I kept close to him for about half a kilometre before kicking in and past. Amazingly the sugar from the fizz provided a real boost and I was flying down the embankment. A quick glance over my shoulder and the wannabe was nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately the buzz soon wore off and the second half of the run was a bit of a struggle. I did make it back to the gym to add on another 9km in to clock up a total of 21km. Wont be replacing the lucosade with champers anytime soon.

Tuesday was my usual rest day, Wednesday my trainer in the gym (new workout! Will list next week - to see my old workout see http://30thmarathonmadness.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-weights.html) and Thursday just a slow river run (12km) followed by lots of stretching in the gym. Left shin a little sore so doing lots work on the foam rollers – these are like your own personal massage and are agony. Still they do help! On the slow Thursday run took this pic of the the London Eye.

Thinking may rest today (Friday) ahead of the Watford half marathon on Sunday. Have run it for three years in a row clocking up 1hr 25mins every time. Aiming to beat that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment